Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A bit of a catch up

Today was my week 20 weigh-in...the scales showed a loss of 300grams, which I am quite happy with.
I have literally spent the last 4 days in bed with bronchitis. I have never felt so yuck and short of breath before. Even walking around the house or talking for too long is enough to trigger a coughing fit. So to lose 300 grams when I haven't been moving, or tracking, or drinking water is pretty good.

I have joined a gym. I go in for my assessment and program on the 18th of next month- I need to get better before starting at the gym.
I'm actually looking forward to it... my membership not only covers a program being written up for me, access to the equipment but also unlimited classes, so I will really be able to get a variety of exercise in. The one thing I really like about this gym is no wall to wall mirrors. I love that!! I don't need to be staring into a mirror watching my fat arse wobbling like no tomorrow, and my body glowing bright red- so no wall to wall mirrors is a huge plus!!!
The whole atmosphere of the gym seems very ... comfortable I guess would be the word. There is no loud over the top music blaring- so I need to work on my mp3 play list... it's really hard to put into words the atmosphere- but I didn't feel like I was being judged and I didn't feel out of place there.

I'm missing work... I haven't been in the salon at all this week, hopefully tomorrow I'll be feeling human enough to go in- and I have really missed it. I've really been enjoying work the last few weeks, have been getting busier and it's driving me crazy being at home, not only because I have no-one to talk to- but because I feel like I am letting down my clients and my workmates by not being there.

I've really been missing my mum these last couple of weeks- and when I talk about my mum I am actually referring to my step-mum. We have this amazing relationship... we might not talk all the time, but I know that she is always there when I need her (and always has been). Over the years she has become not only my mum, but also a woman that I proudly include as one of my best friends. There has never been nothing that I couldn't talk to her about, she has always been there giving me support and guidance when I needed it. There have been times in my life when I really don't know what I would have done, or where I would be if it hadn't been for her- times when she has been the one person in my life who has pulled me aside (or taken me for a sundae in a car park) and really made me take a good honest look at my life and the situation I was in, and then supported me while I did whatever I needed to do to get my life back on track.

Anyway, my stomach is growling so I'm going to go make some breakfast...
Have a great week :)

1 comment:

  1. More than 20kg lost - Good for you Bella!!

    Congratulations on joining the gym, I had to laugh when I visualised *my fat arse wobbling like no tomorrow, and my body glowing bright red*... that is soooo ME!

    You're so lucky to have such a fabulous relationship with your step-mum. I hope my girls feel the same way about me when they're older. We have had a great relationship so far, yet they're on the verge of being teenagers and the changes are coming, I can feel them in the air.

    Keep up the good work, girl!!

    ReplyDelete