Monday, March 15, 2010

Have you ever?

Have you ever had one of those moments where you think "stuff it"? I'm having one right now.
The kids know the after school routine... they have heard me tell them what to do when they get home from school for years. So instead of repeating myself and getting frustrated that I am being ignored, I am going to sit here quietly. Sooner or later one of them is going to ask if they can turn on the tv or turn on a computer and I am going to calmly tell them no. When they ask why, (although I'm not sure whining is actually asking) I am going to, once again, calmly tell them that they should know why.
I am not going to engage in a yelling match, I am not going to be made feel like I am a horrible unloving mother because I want them to get out of their school uniforms, unpack their school bags, do their homework or the one job they each have (that they get paid to do). Hopefully by writing this I will have convinced myself enough to follow through with my plan...lol

So while I'm trying to distract myself and stay calm I will just ramble on some more....

Weightloss update.... well weigh-in isn't until Wednesday, so no news on that front, but I can tell you that I am feeling a little bit proud of myself. I'm nearing the end of my 10th week, and I am still following the plan. This is a huge deal for me. By now I would have normally given up/lost focus or just "forgotten" that I was on a diet. I know you shouldn't use the word diet- that you should be talking more in the way of "lifestyle changes" but at the moment- I'm still dieting. I still have to fight the urge to eat hot chips and gravy, to avoid the quick cheeseburger meal on the way home from shopping or have a chocolate/sugar fix when I'm quiet at work.
There are still so many habits that I have to fight to break, as well as trying to include the new habits (like drinking water) in my life.
I'm tired a lot lately too... I thought that you were meant to feel more energised as you lost weight? If I don't start to feel a bit better soon I'm going to go and talk to my doctor just to make sure everything is ok.


oohhh my husband just got home- wonder how he is going to react when he discovers the children not doing what they are meant to?

I'm going for a cuddle....

Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment