Thursday, June 3, 2010

Weight loss has slowed... and so maybe has my motivation :(

I really don't know what's going on lately... my weight loss has slowed down - at least I still haven't had a gain. But it still isn't very encouraging or motivating.
See I have figured out I am motivated by results- but they need to be good ones, the more I see the scales go down, the more I want them too. But the last few weeks I haven't seen them going down much and I am feeling like just going "stuff it" and reaching for anything that would make me feel better.
And there's the flaw in my plan... that's what I use to do... that is what got me the fat arse I am so desperate to lose. If I keep doing what I use to do, then it only goes to reason I will keep getting the results I use to get.
I know I've been sick the last few weeks, but I'm feeling better now- so I can't use that as an excuse.

There really isn't any excuse... I've started getting compliments, and when people ask how much I've lost and I proudly tell them I've lost 20kg since January- why isn't that enough to keep me motivated? Why isn't that enough to keep me on track?

I need a good kick up my substantial butt and I need to get back to doing what I know works.

So today I will :
* drink all my water (I'll admit now that I haven't been drinking as much as I should be)
* stay away from the chocolate that seems to have taken up residence in the fridge at work
* eat vegetables for lunch
* go to sleep sometime before midnight.

Right now however I need to get ready for work, I need to put on my face and get over to the salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment