Wednesday, February 10, 2010

5th week wake up call

ok so not really a harsh wake up call... but weigh-in this morning has still affect my mood in a negative way.

I only lost 200 grams this week. And while I know logically a loss is a loss...and that the slower I lose the weight the more likely it is to stay off, I am still feeling really down and I can feel the old me sneaking in to my head and trying to sabotage what I have done.

The thing is I know where I went wrong this week... I simply didn't eat enough. Most nights of the past week I still had at least a third but more often than not, half of my daily allowance of points left over.
While I know that Weight Watchers as a program works, it is still hard to get use to the idea that to lose weight I need to eat. It's so hard to change the brain, to change everything I have ever thought about dieting. Logic, it appears, doesn't have a very strong hold in my mind when it comes to dieting/ weight loss yet, because I know all the things I need to do, I know all the things I should be doing but it is still hard to break the habit.

I sit here now and I'm scared... scared that I'm going to fall back into my old habits, scared that the thoughts I'm having of just giving up will take over. I need for logic to win over emotions this time, my children need for logic to win over emotions.... I just don't know if I have the strength to do this.



Bella


I need for the angel to win this " battle of the bulge"


3 comments:

  1. Hello Bella!
    Nice to meet you, Your weightloss is very good. nearly 8kg! Maybe try eating less at night so you are hungry in the morning and then just snack between. I sometimes forget to eat haha I hope I start losing in the next month. I start again tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hun you KNOW that you have to eat more.

    Try snacking on nuts and seeds, or adding protein to your meals.

    You are doing well so don't lose focus now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement ladies :)
    I am happy to report that I have eaten more this week. I only have saved 2-4 points per night (not including exercise points)

    Bella

    ReplyDelete